New Adsense interface rolled out for all users recently.
It looks promising and useful. I like it.
This is the first time I’m seeing a different interface after three years.
It’s with more details and easy to understand format with graphs.
There are some new factors that make confusion on the first screen.
What is RPM in the new Google Adsense interface?
Its very simple, “Revenue Per Mile”.
It means Revenue Per 1000 impressions.
So, What the difference between eCPM and RPM in AdSense?
There is a difference.
eCPM is calculated by Page impressions whereas RPM by ad impressions.
Old AdSense interface shows the total page impressions with AdSense ads, no matter how many blocks or units in it.
But, the latest interface shows the total number of ad impressions and RPM is according to it.
For example, You have 3 ad blocks on each page and one day you earned 20$ with 10000 Page impressions.
So, average eCPM is = 2$ (Earnings/ Page Impressions) * 1000 = (20$/ 10000)*1000
What’s the RPM in this case?
The new interface will show 30000 impressions because every 10000 pages got 3 ad blocks.
So average RPM is = 0.67$ (Earnings/Ad Impressions)1000 = (20$/30000)1000
Need some prove?
Here are the stats from the new interface for today.
For the same, the old interface shows below.
I have three ad blocks on each post except home and other pages.
So, page eCPM and RPM are totally different amounts for me.
I’m sure this will give some idea.
I could see in other blogs that they say RPM in Adsense is calculated by the number of visitors and page views, but actually its from ad impressions.
How to Increase RPM in Adsense?
It can be done in two ways.
- Reduce the number of ads (not performing) on your blog. Of course, it will reduce the earnings, but RPM will be increased.
- Increase your earnings with the same impressions.
Quick & Simple Tips to Increase AdSense earnings
I will be covering all the points in detail very soon.
- Above the fold.
- Don’t place all ads on the same screen when your reader is reading.
- Don’t blend too much with your theme style. Let them know it’s a link and ad.
- Consider improving Search Engine traffic.
- Block the unrelated ads
- Remove the ads which are appearing in all slots. ( they are paying less)
- Try the recommended ad size formats. Do not try anything new with new Ad sizes.
- Use section targeting.
- Experiment and test, but don’t decide anything quickly. Give a minimum of one week.
- Insert high paying keywords in your blog related to content.
Let me know your thoughts.